IPSF Level 3 - (Head) Judges Training
“Judge, transparent and fair competitions in line with the International Pole sports Federation Code of Points and Rules and Regulations.”
The IPSF Level 3 Certificate in Head Judging is the third step on the EPIC Training Pathway for those wishing to develop their knowledge from the Level 2 Certificate in Judging. The only qualification of its kind focuses on understanding how to fairly oversee a judging panel IPSF Pole Sports athletes, the areas of judging, ethics and rules and regulations.
This is the most in-depth course of its kind for pole sports and will give you an inside understanding of the process to become a successful pole sports head judge.
Who is this course designed for?
This IPSF Level 3 Certificate in Head Judging is suitable for:
- Certified IPSF judges who have a minimum of one year experience in judging
- Judges who have recertified with a minimum of 80% pass rate
- Have an expert level (advanced to elite) of understanding of pole sports movements (you do not need to perform any elements and there is no practical pole work on the course)
What level does the IPSF Level 3 Certificate in Head Judging qualify me to do?
The course will qualify the successful candidate to:
- Head Judge IPSF regional competitions
- Head Judge IPSF national competitions
- Apply to be a World Pole Sports Championships Head Judge
What are the requirements to attend the course?
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a good to high level (intermediate to advanced) understanding of pole sports movements (you do not need to perform any elements and there is no practical pole work on the course).
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of what is required to perform Pole Sports and the technicalities required when participating in competitions.
- To re-certify annually
- To take part in mandatory free Continued Professional Development (CPD)
How is the course delivered?
The IPSF Level 3 Certificate in Head Judging will be delivered by an accredited EPIC tutor. It will be split into the following phases:
Phase 1 – Written pre-course study: Complete the online study of the learning materials and pass the quizzes to test the level of understanding.
Phase 2 - Course delivery day 1: Tutor led instruction in the complete process of head judge responsibilities and tasks for competitions.
Phase 3 - Written course study: Complete the online study of the learning materials and pass the quizzes to test the level of understanding.
Phase 4 – Course tasks 1.1, 1.2, 1.3: Complete the head judge’s score sheets for the 3 videos to prepare for the practical course sessions in Phase 5.
Phase 5 - Course delivery day 2: Tutor led instruction; tutor will observe throughout the singles and doubles judging practical sessions.
Phase 6 - Course task: Shadow a head judge at a live competition (This can be combined with Phase 10)
Phase 7 – Case study assessment: Written assessment of a case study for potential challenges/problems that may occur in competition (Details to be given to candidates on day 1 of the tutor led training).
Phase 8 – Written assessment: Multiple choice assessments to include questions on all elements of the head judging course.
Phase 9 – Video judging assessment: Practical judging competency assessment
Phase 10 – Practical assessment: Supervised head judging in two categories (singles and doubles) at a live competition. (This can be combined with Phase 6).
Candidates are expected to attend a national competition to complete phases 6 & 10.
Successful candidates that achieve 80% pass rate or more will achieve certification.
On successful completion of the Level 3 Certificate in Head Judging Pole Sports, learners will be able to:
- Oversee the role of each member of the judging team and their assisting staff.
- Apply the IPSF rules, regulations and ethical code in competition
- Judge all sections of the IPSF code of points to an exceptionally high standard
- Demonstrate an ability to oversee a judging panel at regional and national IPSF competitions under the guidance of the IPSF certified head judge.
- Promote and establish working relationships with other qualified judges and head judges.
- Maintain high standards of behaviour with athletes, coaches and officials
Demonstrate an understanding of:
- Competition organisation
- Technical bonus scoring and judging.
- Technical deduction scoring and judging
- Art and choreography scoring and judging
- Compulsory scoring and judging
- How to add up scores
- Each category and division requirements
- How to complete paperwork
- Athlete and judges penalties
- Planning to judge
- Working with athletes, attitudes and ethics.
- Demonstrate an awareness of further personal development opportunities in Pole Sports, including judging, coaching and sports therapy.
All candidates will receive high quality downloadable resources to support the qualification. These will include an induction pack and IPSF Code of Points, rules and regulations and resource sheet to support the core learning outcomes.
Booking & Cost
Cost - £399
Discounts for National Federations and IPSF Competition Organisers
Dates for competitive year 2016/17
There is one course per competitive year which includes three live training days. Attendance to all days is mandatory.
October 15th 10am - 2pm
November 12th 9.30pm - 5.30pm
January 21st 10am - 2pm