IPSF Level 2 - Athletes & Coaches Training (SPANISH)
“Understand how to compete in transparent and fair competitions in line with the International Pole sports Federation Code of Points and Rules and Regulations.”
The IPSF Level 2 Certificate in Athletes and Coaches Training is the second step on the EPIC Training Pathway for those wishing to develop their knowledge from the Level 1 Certificate in the Code of Points training. The only qualification of its kind focuses on understanding how to create an IPSF competition programme, how IPSF judges score Pole Sports athletes, the areas of judging, ethics and rules and regulations.
This is the most in-depth course of its kind for pole sports and will give you an inside understanding of the process to become a successful pole sports athlete.
Who is this course designed for?
This IPSF Level 2 Certificate in Athletes and Coaches Training is suitable for:
- Athletes looking to further enhance their knowledge
- Coaches looking to further enhance their knowledge
- Those who have passed the IPSF Level 1 Certificate in the Code of Points
- Federations and competitions organisers who have been endorsed by the IPSF.
What level does the IPSF level 2 certificate in Athletes and Coaches Training qualify me to do?
The course will qualify the successful candidate to:
- Compete in IPSF regional competitions
- Compete in IPSF national competitions
- Apply for World Pole Sports Championships coach status.
What are the requirements to attend the course?
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Have a good to high level (intermediate to advanced) understanding of pole sports movements (you do not need to perform any elements and there is no practical pole work on the course).
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of what is required to perform Pole Sports and the technicalities required when participating in competitions.
- To re-certify annually
How is the course delivered?
The IPSF Level 2 Certificate in Athletes and Coaches Training will be delivered by an accredited EPIC tutor. It will be split into the following phases:
Phase 1 – Written pre-course study: Complete the online study of the learning materials and pass the quizzes to test the level of understanding. Please note this will take approximately 5-10 hours and must be completed before attending the tutor led training
Phase 2 - Course delivery day: Tutor led instruction; tutor will observe throughout the doubles and singles judging process.
Phase 3 - Written assessment - Multiple choice assessments to include questions on all elements of the judging course.
Throughout the taught programme the theoretical “Understanding the Code of Points” skills are threaded through the technical and tactical “How to compete” skills, both by discussion and review of videos. As a result you will have many opportunities to ask questions and receive feedback on the code skills that you have learnt. You will be assessed through an independent online assessment within two weeks of the end of the course.
Successful candidates that achieve 60% pass rate
On successful completion of the Level 2 Certificate in Athletes and Coaches Training, learners will be able to:
- Identify the role of each member of the judging team and their role.
- Identify the IPSF rules, regulations and ethical code
- Judge all sections of the IPSF code of points.
- Understand the technical aspects of the code of points
- Prepare a IPSF routine reducing the number of penalities
- Maintain high standards of behaviour with athletes, coaches and officials
Demonstrate an understanding of:
- Technical bonus scoring .
- Technical deduction scoring
- Art and choreography scoring
- Compulsory scoring
- How to add up scores
- Each category and division requirements
- How to complete paperwork
- Athlete and judges penalties
- Working with athletes, attitudes and ethics.
All candidates will receive high quality downloadable resources to support the qualification. These will include an induction pack and IPSF Code of Points, rules and regulations and resource sheet to support the core learning outcomes.
Cost - £99