IPSF Level 2 - Youth Pole Sports Coach - ONLINE
“Prepare for, deliver and review safe pole sports coaching sessions for children from the ages of 5-17.”
The IPSF Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Youth Pole Sports qualifies the candidate to coach children independently and enables them to plan a series of linked coaching sessions. There will still be a significant focus on the “How to” skills of coaching children. The technical elements that were introduced in the Level 1 and 2 Pole Sports coaching Courses will be consolidated, and a number of new technical elements will be introduced that are specific to the instructions and development of coaching children in pole sports. There is a greater focus on safe coaching as well as technical coaching. You will also develop a greater understanding of the physical and psychological demands of pole sports on children and how this impacts on your coaching.
Who is this course designed for?
Existing pole fitness and pole sports instructors and coaches who have a good physical, practical and educational level of understanding in the delivery of safe and effective coaching and teaching sessions.
What level does the level 2 certificate qualify me to do?
On successful completion of the Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Youth Pole Sports, learners will be qualified to coach youth athletes independently and should be able to:
- Demonstrate an ability to plan and deliver safe and equitable youth pole sports coaching sessions
- Demonstrate an ability to review participant’s needs when planning and delivering a series of linked and progressive coaching sessions
- Demonstrate an ability to self-reflect and use feedback from others
- Promote and establish working relationships and high standards of behaviour with all athletes, coaches, parents and officials in the overall development of pole sports
What are the requirements to attend the course?
Candidates are required to:
- Be at least 18 years of age on the first day of the course
- Hold a minimum of Level 1 Certificate Anatomy, Physiology course including warm up and cool down techniques
- Hold a minimum of a recognised Intermediate qualification in teaching/coaching pole
- To be fit and healthy to participate and teach in practical sessions.
In order to help you to decide whether to apply for the course we have provided some self check questions that will help you:
- You have the above certificates
- You are fit and healthy
- You have practical and teaching ability to intermediate level (Inverts, spins, climbs, poses and combinations)
If you are unsure about any of the information above please do not hesitate to contact the EPIC team
How is the course delivered?
The IPSF Level 2 Certificate in Youth Coaching will be delivered by an accredited EPIC tutor. It will be split into the following phases:
Phase 1 - Pre-course task - To observe and shadow a youth sports coach to observe different styles and techniques of coaching youth athletes and participants. To collate information about health and informed consent forms.
Phase 2 - Course study - Complete the online study of the learning materials and pass the quizzes to test the level of understanding.
Phase 3 - Assessment preparation – Understanding the important of session planning
Phase 4 - Case study - a choice of two different issues children may have.
Phase 5 - Written assessment - Multiple choice assessments to include questions on all elements of the coaching course.
Phase 6 - Practical assessment - Delivery of the practical video assessment to include a beginner session.
Throughout the taught programme the theoretical “How to” skills of coaching children are threaded through the technical skills, both by discussion and practical sessions. As a result you will have many opportunities to ask questions and receive feedback on your youth coaching skills that you have learnt. You will be assessed through both formative and summative assessments an independent written and practical assessment.
Successful candidates that achieve 80% pass rate or more will receive a certificate.
On successful completion of the Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Youth Pole Sports, learners will be able to:
Demonstrate an understanding of:
- Generic coaching skills
- Youth specific coaching skills
- Coach and performer/athlete development
- Recreational pole sports coaching skills
- Youth nutrition and hydration
- Mental preparation
- Health and safety
- Working with parents, attitudes and ethics
Demonstrate an ability to identify and adapt Pole Sports activities and sessions for a variety of different abilities and age groups
Demonstrate an awareness of further personal development opportunities in Pole Sports, including Level 3 coaching, strength training and judging
The course includes:
- Internationally recognised qualification/certification
- IPSF Level 2 Certificate Safeguarding and Protection in Sport
- IPSF Youth Pole Proficiency levels 1-10 (Structured training awards for children)
- Access to exclusive insurance benefits
- Assistance with DBS criminal checks
- Listing on EPIC Training and IPSF Register
All candidates will receive high quality downloadable resources to support the qualification. These will include an induction pack, online study material and downloadable resources to support the core learning outcomes.
Booking & Cost
Online cost - £299